Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Guild Meeting Minutes for 9/18/11

The New River Valley Knitting Guild

Meeting Minutes

September 18, 2011

I. Call to Order
Charlotte Gellis called to order the regular meeting of the New River Valley
Knitting Guild at 2:20pm on September 18, 2011 at the Mosaic Yarn Shop.

II. Roll call
Devon conducted a roll call. The following persons were present:
Charlotte Gellis
Cathy Gellis
Devon Eckstein
David Simpson

III. Approval of minutes from last meeting
a. Minutes are available via email and on the NRV Knitting Guild blog
b. http://nrvknittingguild.blogspot.com/

IV. Old Business
a. Project Linus
    i. Local chapter president, Penny, was supposed to attend but did not know about the meeting.

b. Game day sales in Lot 1
   i. Not enough time for this to be successful this year. We’ll think about putting it on the calendar for next year.

c. Tax ID / Non-profit ID
   i. If we want to sell items and collect money for charity, do we need a tax ID and /or non-profit ID?
  ii. Do we need to bond our treasurer?
  iii. Charlotte will contact TKGA and accountant.

V. New Business
a. Next meeting will be Sunday, October 16th from 2pm to 3pm.

b. Future meeting times
   i. We need a regular meeting day and time each month.
   ii. Devon will send a poll with meeting days and times.
   iii. Deadline for answering the poll will be 2 weeks from posting.

c. Project ideas
   i. Still want to keep charity donations local.
   ii. Cathy and Devon will start collecting info on local charities
and create a list.
            1. List will be posted online - on blog and/or Ravelry
            2. Individual members of the NRVKG are free to donate time/knit goods, etc. to any local    charities, and we can keep track of said donations as evidence of our charitable giving.
  iii. Squares
         1. We can collect knit and crocheted squares and strips at any time.
         2. We can combine them into afghans for charities such as Project Linus.

d. Stash
   i. For those who wish to knit for charity but do not have the yarn, we can keep a stash of donated yarn designated for that purpose.
   ii. Charlotte will talk to Gina about keeping this stash in Mosaic for guild use.

e. Member list & emails
   i. Devon will check the sign-up list each Wednesday and update the email list.

VI. Adjournment
Devon adjourned the meeting at 3:30pm.

Minutes submitted by: Devon Eckstein, Secretary

Next Meeting is Sunday, October 16, 2pm at Mosaic Yarn Shop